Wednesday, January 24, 2007

some older pieces





This is a quilt I made a while ago, but is still one of my favorites. Its called Beauty On Ice with shilouettes of ice skaters.

I love watching ice skating and always wished I had been able to do this graceful sport. I however sprained my ankles every time I tried to even stand up on skates, so have had to be satisfied with just watching the event from afar.

Somehow I clicked the same picture twice so bear with me on this. It was really fun to make this piece .

Couldn't figure out how to get rid of the second closeup, so you will all just have to pretend it doesn't exhist.

Temps have gotten a bit more mild the last couple days. thank goodness.

CQC had workday yesterday, we started a lap/throw project for the local nursing home, We hope to have enough lap robes for each person to have one, They are reversible. Will get pictures as soon as I get binding on the ones I stitched. Was a fun day and lots of scraps were used up making something for others.

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Dear Jo:

This is quite spactacular! Is it fused? Very pretty!

Jo said...

Yes it is fused and then stitched around by machine. Had a lot of fun designing the figures. Used small photo's then stylized them into shilouettes. Had to change them to make them so they would show just the shapes.