Friday, January 19, 2007

beautiful day


A beautiful January day today. Fairly warm with the ice/snow melted off the streets. This will last a day as its to snow again tomorrow evening through Sunday AM. 3"-5" of new snow expected. UGH!!

This is 05"s fabric challenge from my friend in Vegas. It was a south west print of indian adobe huts. I used soem more SW fabrics and then bordered with the SW geometric border. I think it turned out OK, considering we are not able to purchase much SW type fabric out here in the middle of the good old USA.

This was thread painted over some of the foreground cactus and rock. It doesn't show on the picture, but I was pleased with the way it turned out.

Didn't accomplish much today, but did sit down for a bit and design a couple piece throws. Not sure I will ever make them, but sure was fun playing with the graph paper again.

Think I will work on the scraps again this evening as there is certainly not much to watch on TV. Will stick a CD in and whack fabric up into squares and strips.

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

Cool project of the thread painting .. wish I could get inspired and 'go' in that direction...one of these days. Thanks for keeping up with new pictures. It's always fun to see what each of us is working on, even if I'm not yet going in that direction.

Beautiful day here today and tomorrow, Quilt Guild! Yeah