Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow



Beautiful light snow this morning. Large flakes with not much wind so a beautiful sight. Only about an inch of new snow all together. Just enough to have to clear the walks. Forgot, yesterday, that I had already posted the nametag picture, so will make up for that today by posting a couple of my pictures.

These are two versions of a maple leaf crib size quilt. The leaves are cut from a print fabric, the backgrounds of the leaves are done with a light (or dark) complimentary color plain) and some of the leaves have the background fabric. The border is then done in the print. These are very quick quilts to stitch and a quite fun project.

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

OK, JO, how come some of your photos are not bright and clear?

Love that snow-y quilt - just the right shade of blue.

I just looked out the window and it's snowing/blowing like...like ...like crazy! I can hardly see! Will this be a blizzard? Kinda looks like it.

I'm on my downleg of yet another string scrappy quilt. It's just turning out really cool - this one is all blues, cool colors.