Saturday, January 12, 2008

Take it Further


OK, worked a bit with the color swatch for the challenge. Sketched out some little fantasy flowers and colored them in with color pencil and some inks.

I did take the print out to the local hardware/paint store and picked up some paint swatches that were close to the color bar given.

So they aren't exact,but close enough. Added some yellow paint wash behind them (doesn't show to good on the picture) Now I think I will try to quilt it and see what happens.
This is really a fun challenge.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Beautiful flowers, yes its difficult to match the colours especially as each PC and printer interprets differently but as long as we near the tonal values I suspect that will be ok.

Doreen G said...

This looks great and I agree it is hard to match the colours so I have decide to be as close as I can.