Friday, December 19, 2008

Finally something made
















I finished the top for this batik quilt in the last couple days. I had this piece of orange batik in my stash for years (and years) Finally decided something had to be done with it, so found a piece of brown batik to go with it. The nine patch and snowball quilt is what is the result. The small piece is the leftovers from the snowball blocks, I double sewed the corners and have a bonus piece. OF COURCE, I ran out of the brown and had to send a quick SOS to Lea to send me another yard. Thank goodness I got right to it, or would not have had enough fabric. The large quilt will be bound with the brown as well as the small piece.
Now to get a few more pieces completed. Yeah right, thats going to happen soon. grin.
anyway enjoy the new pieces.
By the way the orange in the small piece is the same, just was closer to the flash.
ice,sleet and snow last night. A bit of ice, a couple inches of sleet and then about 5 - 6 inches of snow on top. Thank goodness there was not a lot of wind.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wonderful! I love the brown and orange fabric together.