Saturday, April 21, 2007

update


Have had a wild week again. Got very little stitching time in. These blocks are an experiment.
I have a box of 6" squares so stitched 4 patches with them. Cut two cuts across the 4 patch vertically. Cut through the squares twice at an angle, then stitched a fan blade shape in the cuts.
Cut the squares twice in the horizontal direction and stitched fan blade shapes into the cuts. Squared the whole up to 12 1/2" and came out with some kind of wonky scrappy patches. May play with this some more to see what I can develop. Idea was sparked by the buggy barn star we did at club a few weeks ago.

Windy here today. Forecast for some possible heavy storms overnight. Hope that doesn't happen. Next week will be busy too so hope to get back to this sometime during the week.

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Koooool! Now that's my style of "wonky". 8-)

Elaine Adair said...

Hah! I was looking (again) at your cut up 4 patch, and again intriqued. However, I've already been here and cannot remember! Arghhhh -- too many ideas, too many images - but I love them all.

Wanted to see photos of the kittens. Not THAT's an image I will remember.