Friday, September 12, 2008

new weaving


Hey how about that? Actually did another of the small weavings. This time I cut 1" strips instead of the inch and a half. Left the edges wider and trimmed after I did the weaving. I think I like this better. Or maybe its just because this is only 12" square that I like it better. I used silver glitter pen on the veins in the leaf. Its a sycamore leaf I begged from a neighbor. Leaves are just gorgeous, I picked and dried them. Next I want to try printing with the dried leaf. May or may not work. grin.
PS Do not do as I did--grabbed the wrong fusible and cut the strips with the "non sewable" fusible web. So this will not get any more quilting. Had planned to do the veins in silver metallic, but had to go to plan B when I realized I used the no sew fusible. grrrrr!

No comments: