Sunday, October 29, 2006

progress

Progress to report on the fund raiser quilt. The applique is complete and quilt is layered and ready to begin the quilting. Only glitch was when I tried to dye the backing fabric, it didn't turn out very well. Ended up ordering the same batik that is used on the front of the quilt. It will add a bit to the cost of the quilt, but will be worth it in the end. (I hope)

Have been out of the loop for a week as I strained my back last Sunday, so have been spending loads of time on ice packs. Ugh. Haven't done this for years, but its healing up fine, so am thankful for that.

Finished my CPQG challenge quilt. If I can ever figure out how to get pictures onto this site, I will post pictures. It takes me a bit to figure things out.

Supposed to be 70 degrees out today, so will require that I take a walk in the warm air. I do not expect many more of these Indian Summer days as it has been rather chilly for the last month. In a way I look forward to winter as I get lots of stitching done when not interrupted with outside events.

The only major event for winter will be CPQG retreat in February. That will be more work this year as I am on the committee. I think we have it mostly planned, but the last minute details will take away from some stitching time. Everyone has to take their turns at being on committee though. The last time I was on, the dates got switched and I had to miss as I was hosting a bus trip to Chicago Quilt Festival. That is the only time in 15 years I missed retreat.

Wish I could explain to my body that daylight savings time changed. grin-- I still wake up at the same time so now instead of waking at 5 I will be awake at 4---grrrr. But morning is my favorite time of day, so thats ok too.

No comments: